Monday, June 1, 2009

Growing up so fast... Wish you wouldn't!

Dear Mowgli,
Let me get this down before the terrible two’s and the teens strike us.
You are a joy to us. Pure joy. In every sense of the word. And our lives revolve around you. Period. Whatever happens , wherever you go, however you turn out I think this will always remain constant. That our lives begin and end with you.
When you were small ( read as ‘a couple of months ago’) I used to wish that you would sleep for two hours or even more just so I could finish the work and relax. But now I hate it when you sleep for more than an hour and I itch to wake you -for gone are the days when I spent every waking minute with you. You have adjusted beautifully-lets leave out the daily natak at the daycare bit- to me working. You are happy to be with your dada and cocoa. Occasionally you go stand in front of the fridge look at my photograph pasted there and ask wonderingly ma-ma? But even those instances have reduced. For most of the time you don’t even ask for me now. At one level I am relieved and happy and at another purely mom level I hate it! Totally hate the way by which you have just shut me out of your life for some part of your day. (I now understand how your dada feels when he goes on a tour and you don’t even care!)Your Dada on the other hand is positively glowing. From ignoring him for the first 18 months of your life, you have changed in to a dada’s yes man! Earlier when dada would hug me or pretend to box me around, you would come to my rescue. Now you join with your dada to pummel me down!!!!
You are the most adorable rascal around. You have your favorites - for the Amm’s you take the plate from the drawer and follow me around with the most demanding ‘mama- amm’ till I put some cornflakes or anything else in that plate. To play with your bat/ball its always dada. And for all those naughty things which dada and mama will not allow, you call out for your bua! And at the daycare it’s the watchman and the accountant lady. You smile only at them, hug them and wave ‘Babye’ at them God forbid if anybody else decided to touch you. You turn into a monster screaming your lungs out biting them and what not!!!
You are becoming quite insistent, stubborn would be a better word, fiercely independent even to the extent of wanting to wear a cap to sleep if you so decide! You like playing with other kids, though at times you smother them with kisses and at times refuse to share THEIR toys with them! Cocoa is again your all time favourite with her tummy acting as your pillow, feeding her water with a spoon, running behind her with her bowl and forcing her to eat! And whatever we tell you, you tell cocoa. So when cocoa is barking you tell her a strict ‘Nooo’ and a ‘Shhshhh’ , run after her with a rolled up paper whenever you are in the mood for some authority display! Overall you are a 24 hr nonstop entertainment channel and WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

No comments: