Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chak De India!

Was listening to Chak De songs and just realized that I want to see this movie again. I have already seen it a couple of times and each time I enjoy it. There is that thrill that goes up when you hear ‘Vidya Sharma, India’. And the Sattar Minute dialogue is again one of the most memorable parts of the movie. The patriotism that makes you stand up for your country. The feeling of utmost responsibility that comes from representing your country! Its amazing!!!
I have always wished that I could do something that would make my country proud. The BH also shares the sentiment. In fact he was very keen to take the IAS examinations. But somehow with things happening that just remained a dream. A couple of weeks back, I was making the morning tea when he ruefully looked at me and said ‘This is the last year that I can appear for the IAS’. Sad that they have an age limit. And there went my dreams of being the woman behind THE MAN J I would preen and simper at meetings where he would refer all his brainwaves and say “ I thank God for giving me such an intelligent wife and blah blah blah! And I would smile graciously at the cameras and go ‘Oh not at all He is just joking!” Spoof!!! That’s how the dreams vanished and I was thrown back into reality in my shorts and oats-mango-rice-dal stained T-shirt with a spoon in my hands. Well, we can dream cant we?
Now I just hope that maybe Mowgli will do something that makes India proud. I don’t know in what field, anything will do... Sports, academics, art anything.
Just make us proud baby.
And make India proud!

Cheers!!!
P.S. The Sattar Minute Dialogue
Sattar minute. Sattar minute hain tumhaare paas. Shaayad tumhari zindagi ke
sabse khaas sattar minute. Aaj tum achha khelo ya bura, yeh sattar minute tumhe
zindagi bhar yaad rahenge. Aur kaise khelna hai, aaj main tumhe nahin bataoonga.
Bas itna kahoonga ki jao aur yeh sattar minute jee bharkar khel lo. Kyunki iske
baad aane wali zindagi mein chahe kuch sahi ho ya na ho, chahe kuch rahe ya na
rahe, tum haaro ya jeeto, lekin yeh sattar minute tumse koi nahin chheen sakta.
Koi nahin. Toh maine socha ki is match mein kaisa khelna hai aaj main tumhe
nahin bataaoonga balki tum mujhe bataoge. Khelkar. Kyunki main jaanta hoon, ki
agar yeh sattar minute is team ka har player apni zindagi ki sabse badhiya
hockey khel gaya toh yeh sattar minute khuda bhi tumse waapas nahin maang sakta.
Toh jao. Jao aur apne aap se, is zindagi se, apne khuda se, aur har us insaan se
jisne tumhe... tumpar bharosa nahin kiya, apne sattar minute chheen
lo.
"Seventy minutes. You have seventy minutes. Perhaps the most special
seventy minutes of your life. Whether you play well today or not, you will
remember these seventy minutes for the rest of your life. And today, I will not
tell you how to play. All I will say is - go and play these seventy minutes to
your heart's content. Because whether what happens to your life after this is
right or not, whether you have anything or not, whether you lose or win, no one
can snatch away these seventy minutes from you. No one. So I decided that I
won't tell you how to play; you will tell me. Through your game. Because I know
that if in these seventy minutes, every player of this team plays the best
hockey of her life, then even God can't ask you for these seventy minutes back.
Go on. Go and snatch your seventy minutes. From yourself. From this life. From
your God. And from every single person who did not believe in you."

Courtesy www.sayesha.blogspot.com

No comments: