Friday, April 25, 2008

Let sleeping babies lie…

We went to the doctor again yesterday! The whole of last month Mowgli has had a cough on and off refusing to completely go away. And its become really bad now. When he breathes you can actually hear the phlegm in his throat. The doctor says it is allergic bronchitis and since the BH’s family has a history of asthma we have to be doubly careful. I am sad today. He is just 5 months old and already taking in so many medicines. I have seen friends bundle up their babies each time they leave the house and I had always thought that I’ll not cover him up like that. Had decided to take him wherever we go so that he gets used to everything and will not fall sick at the slightest pretext. But now I feel guilty. Maybe I should have been more careful. As it is Bangalore weather is so bad and it does invoke allergies in so many people. Plus we live in a very very very dusty localityrootr. The apartment has absolutely no greenery around it. How much ever I try to keep the house clean and dust free, somehow or the other it gets in. :-(

He is sleeping now after his spoons of medicine and steam inhalation. Hopefully he’ll feel better soon. We have to see the doctor again tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that things will be better by then.

No comments: