Tuesday, April 22, 2008

calming down

Things have settled down a little bit. At least mentally! All the other teams have been given deadlines by which they need to ramp up existing projects and start looking for new jobs. Severance pay packages and notice periods are being discussed. Final decision on our team is still pending, though most of the people have already started floating resumes.
I have not yet decided what to do. Want to really think before I take the next step. After having completed 4 years in this industry the prospect of continuing to do this kind of work just does not interest me now.
My dream of doing something related to environment management still remains. But have not yet found a course in Blore. Its all a question of not knowing where to start or whom to approach for these kind of roles. I would also like to get into a “Trainer” kind of role- Communications training, soft skills etc. Looking around for those openings also. Or else maybe we can live off the severance pay and I take a break. But whatever it is I need to make good use of this break or else it is going to be very difficult to get a job later.
Btw my April horoscope says that I’ll change my line of work pretty soon. Maybe my dreams are on their way to fulfillment?
This year is turning out to be pretty eventful!!!

No comments: