Friday, January 12, 2018

Day 7 - New Beginnings

We bought a home. Again. In the same complex that we are staying.

After being very stubborn that we will not buy a flat again in Bangalore to looking through villas and finding two that I really really loved to finding them too expensive to scouting land in Wayanad and Talli to build a farmhouse to finally zeroing in to our present house. I have accepted the fact that changing schools is just not happening and in that case this is the perfect location. The community is good, school is close by, the BH's sister stays nearby. So all in all, made sense.

But its been like an anti-climax. I who usually gets very hyper thinking of stuff am actually very subdued. I am still planning stuff, getting excited about how I want the terrace to be, pinning stuff on pinterest.. but I am not dreaming about it. Its all very functional in my mind. And I'm puzzled by it. Its usually not the way I operate. Maybe it has to do with growing up (Ha ha!!) or it is my subconscious "lets not get too excited lest it doesn't turn up the way I want it to"

The pessimist in me is getting stronger!

No comments: