Monday, January 8, 2018

Day 3 – Habits






I read the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin in 2016.  We were on our way to the Chandrashila trek and this was my reading material. I had taken a notepad and planned to take notes and make changes. As always, in the mountains when there are no distractions, the mind is calm, you are happy and feeling positive it’s very easy to make the resolutions. Back at home, all the resolutions went for a toss. Today for no reason, I remembered this book.

Image result for do what you have to do
It talks about picking up one personal commandment you want to live out that makes you happy and stick to it the entire month. In the next month add another commandment along with the current one. It holds true for any area in your life where you want to make a long lasting change. So after some amount of soul searching I decided to pick something I’ve always struggled with : Do What You Have To

Do what needs to be done.. do what I want to do.. do what excites me.. without waiting for others to motivate me or for their approval. What I have realized is that I always need a cheer leader behind me.. someone to encourage me, to keep track of me when I fumble.. but this year I want to move on and get that discipline myself. To not resent what others are doing or not doing.. to just get on with what I have to do and get it done.

No comments: