Thursday, January 4, 2018

Day 2 - What do I want to be?

When I was small, I wanted to be a doctor.. That dream was crushed when I didn't score a high rank in the entrance exams. Went on to do engineering with the goal of becoming financially independent. Did my MBA because of the recession when I passed out. Joined the first company and they placed me in an analytics team and just like that, that became my career. Till date, I have not consciously hunted out career options or what else I could try out. And now after close to 14 years in this field, I'm at a stage where the "What Next?" beckons. and frankly speaking I don't know.

If there was no pressure to be financially independent, then I think I would dance. Train in a dance form and focus on that completely. Perform, teach, learn.. I would have loved that.

Another dream has been to do something related to the environment - setting up green spaces in cities, making composting a reality, planning urban spaces that have a huge green element.

Till date, I have not consciously worked towards either of the two. Sporadic dance classes and reading up is what I've done. But this year, I want to do something that brings me closer to these dreams.. That first step that will convert these to reality.

Universe... send me good vibes... send me opportunities..


No comments: