Monday, October 19, 2009

Tidbits

Hectic would be a very mild word to describe the weekend that was!
Drove down to Cochin on Saturday. Spent Sunday visiting myriad relatives. Todaymorning drove back!
Am flying this Saturday. So left cocoa with my parents. She was looking a bit sad and left out, not understanding why we were going in the car and not taking her :-( Have given my parents a long list of instructions and Dos and Donts.
The BH’s parents have come back with us. They will be here for a week and will take Mowgli with them after I leave. The Bh will see him during the weekends. And once I am back we will go together and bring back both of them.
Mowgli was fine this weekend. Spending all his time with his grandparents. We sneaked off for a movie and he slept with my mom. Yesterday he slept with my in-laws. These are stuff that he hasn’t done till now. He has always needed me at night. With this, I guess I am being slowly pushed out. And as always this is both good and sad. Cant understand why all his milestones take him one step away from me!
A lot of people are waiting for the coming four weeks. There are so many plans being made that I doubt that 2 weeks at each place would be sufficient. Grandparents, Great grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins- so many people looking forward to seeing Mowgli. I remember I used to love my vacations because with my grandparents I was allowed to do everything and anything. I remember trips to the zoo, to the club, playing shuttle, reading books, swimming pool and being totally totally exhausted by the end of the day! Looks like Mowgli is going to enjoy this vacation. I hope he has fun and doesnt miss us a lot. ( Obviously I want him to miss us a little bit at least :-) The picture has Mowgli and my grand father)
FRM exam preparation is at an all time low. Its not going as fast as I had hoped. Most days I am too tired to actually wake up early the next morning and study. Counting on the three weeks in US to complete the entire stuff. The exams are a week after I get back. And after paying so much I’d better not fail!
And its been a year today. Yesterday I suddenly thought of what I would do if something happens to Mowgli when I’’m away. If I who have known for my son for just two years can feel so much of grief at just the thought of something happening to him, how much more is my chitta and chittapan undergoing right now? 19 years with their kid and in one cruel moment of fate everything taken away from them. I still remember my chitta crying out that day” If it was to take him away, then why did You ever give him to us?” It still hasn’t registered in my mind that is gone and I will never see him again. I keep on thinking that it is not possible. Wherever he is, hope he is happy and having fun.

No comments: