Thursday, January 19, 2017

The calm after the storm

Life goes on... Thats what my plants teach me. I forget to water them , they shrivel up their leaves.. some die.. and when i get back to watering them mostly all of them reward me with new leaves. An orange sapling that a friend got from Nagpur a year back. It remained at the same height for a whole year, no new leaves, nothing.. and when we went off for our Xmas vacation, it dried up completely. I'd almost given up on that plant. While watering the other plants, i continued to water it expecting nothing. And in the last week, its been magic. New leaves, new flowers even and tiny minuscule orange buds. The flowers are so fragrant, i never knew orange blossoms looked like this. I dont know whether these will actually grow into oranges, but for now this is enough.... more than enough...


It has taught me a powerful lesson.. in life even when nothing is going your way, nothing seems promising, continue to give your best. Magic will happen!

No comments: