Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Irritation


This is one of my biggest evils. Sometimes there is a reason and sometimes not. It comes up when I least expect it.
Take today morning for example. I woke up as planned, started with my pending office work. Mowgli woke up at 6 and started his revision for maths exam. I could feel myself getting worked up the moment he started slopping in his work. The final straw was an hour later when he started complaining about something. It ended with the usual shouts and anger, the bitterness in both our hearts and a day that started on such a bad note.
He did come up to me later and said sorry and hugged me. But I know it's not just him. It's a lot to do with how I react to situations. I feel that I'm almost always on s short fuse ready to blow up at the slightest provocation. 
Patience and a calm mind and heart are what I want the most from this year. 
Calmness that allows me to quieten the nagging voices in my head...
Calmness that allows me to love myself and not constantly fall short in my mind!


No comments: