Tuesday, September 15, 2009

this and that

I spoke too soon about Mowgli being promoted! He cried and made such a fuss that they brought him down and have now left the decision to him. Every afternoon when I drop him there, his auntie asks him in the sweetest voice possible " Mowgli, shall we go up?" He refuses to budge under any circumstances. A very emphatic shaking of his head and points determinedly at the downstairs play area. I am !#$%$#@#@!@#!
The weekend was hectic with a couple of old friends and their babies staying over. And here again I observed another facet to my son. HE IS SHY!!!! This from the guy who goes around kissing random girls at airports, smiles at every passerby, bites every guest who comes to our place.. this is something new and totally unexpected. If its a huge gathering and there are other kids, he first refuses to leave me. Then he plays on his own away from the other kids. I felt very sad when I saw this. He has always been very friendly. Is this a growing up phase? He does come around after some time and does play with the other kids. But the first 10 minutes is spent clinging to my legs! And as always every behaviour trend that Mowgli shows I torture myself by asking " Would he have behaved this way if I spent all my time with him? Is it insecurity because we are sending him to a daycare?" Pointless questions, I know. But I still ask them.
He has also realized that by crying and whining he can get what he wants from MOST people! You have rightly guesses, we are seeing a LOT of tantrums and whining in the jungle house now. "This too shall pass" is what I tell myself hundred times a day!
Going on and on and on Mowgli is growing up FAAAAST!!!
P.s. You who visited here last week , read all my archives at one go and drop in daily, why dont you leave a comment??? Saying you like this or you do not like this?
Why? Why? Why?

No comments: