Thursday, September 3, 2009

Things to do

Last sunday, the BH got into one of his "I am a great husband" moods and took me mud shopping. Yes, thats what we did. Piled three sacks into our car and then scouted along the highway searching for mud! And we did hit pay dirt :-) Two sacks of red mud and one sack of sand now stand proudly on my balcony waiting for the weekend to arrive. A couple of plants need to be divided and repotted. The lilies have to go into a bigger pot. I want to buy some more new plants and new pots and planters. Vegetable gardening will have to wait. I dont think I have enough space. For the time being concentrating solely on the flowers and the leafy plants. Want to totally revamp the balcony.If I cant get them to re-do my balcony, I'll do it myself with whatever creative juices I have.
The compost bin is behaving very nicely. The first bin is almost full. It will take a month or more to get the compost. It is really a great thing. After using this, I now have so much less garbage to throw out. Earlier the maid used to clear the garbage every day, now its reduced to once in three/four days. That too is because of the plastic covers. Need to check with my newspaper raddiwala whether they will take old plastic covers/bottles/milk packets etc. If everybody could use this at home, there would be so less garbage on the roads and the city would be less polluted. It seems to be an ideal waste management technique. There is no strong stink, flies are less because the waste is fully covered. Ants are there ; but since it is out on the balcony I am ignoring them for the time being.
Registered for FRM. The exam is on Nov 21 ; i have three months to prepare. Starting tomorrow the grind starts again. After 5 years, I am again getting back to books. Yesterday evening while I was away at work, the BH cleared up an entire table for me to use as my study table. Yes, he is very sweet that ways. Now there are no more excuses to postpone the preparations. I have the study material, the syllabus, have paid the fees ( HUGE incentive) and have told the world that I am appearing for theis exam. All that remains is to pass :-)
We are planning to start a low carbohydrates diet from tomorrow for a month. I am going to go to the office gym and the BH is joining Kickboxing classes. That and the strict diet should ensure that we welcome the new year leaner, healthier and fit.
It seems like a lot of new beginnings and things finally getting ticked off from my mental To-Do lists.

No comments: