Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tantrums and tears again!!!!

I think I spoke too soon last week that mowgli was adjusting to day care. This week he is back to square one. And to top it all the BH is on tour. He absolutely refuses to sleep at the day care and by the time its 4.30 he’s ready to sleep standing. They keep on calling me asking somebody to come pick him up because he is crying non stop. There is no way I can leave the office so early considering that I come in only by 1. So my sister in law, L, picks him up from daycare and he is driving her nuts He has a nap at her place for an hour or so and then wakes up totally angry. Screaming. Crying .cranky. Yesterday she took him to the BH’s cousin’s house and he calmed down for a while. After some time the crying again begins. L has spoken to her manager that she will be leaving early for a couple of days and she assures me that there is no problem.. Today I have asked her to go to our place from daycare. Maybe if he sees cocoa and his toys he’ll not be so insecure. It is a good thing that they stay close by. Even then this can’t be a long term solution. I have to prove myself here and get that work from home thing fixed for those days when the BH is out. For the past two days I have been leaving office early. It is embarrassing to do it when you are just a few days old into the organization, but what else to do?
I wish I could find out what he is thinking? When I drop him there and go off does he realize that I’ll be back? When he sees my SIL instead of the BH can he understand its temporary? Does he really like the place? Is he happy there? He used to spend an entire day with L having seen here from the time he was born. So now I can’t understand why he is so cranky with her. It was not like that before.
Mowgli has been slightly feverish and very cranky today. I didn’t want to take any risk and aggravate it further. So gave him crocin drops and told the daycare people to make him sleep somehow. The first week that we had started this daycare I had seen another mother drop her sick child at daycare along with instructions on what food to give here and what medicines. At that time I felt so sorry for that little girl. That she was sick and maybe wanted her mother more than medicines. Today when I left mowgli and walked out I felt sorry for that mother who had to leave her sick child and rush to office saving her leaves for an emergency. The plates have turned and it doesn’t at all feel good.

No comments: