Monday, May 4, 2009

The first day

went off okay okay :-) ( heaves big sigh of relief!)
I had left Mowgli with my sister-in-law as today the timings were 9-5. The BH is still travelling and hopefully should get back tonite. He slept the whole morning and stayed in the day care till 4.30pm without crying. He still refuses to eat and sleep there, but today he was in a good mood. It seems he was playing non-stop and stopped only to eat some biscuits and drink milk. He cried like mad the moment my sister in law went to pick him up, but after two minutes he saw a pretty lady and her daughter and promptly started smiling and showing off his antics at them!!! ( p.s. this guy is a born romeo! The second day at the day care during nap time he immediately crawled into the bed of the prettiest girl there and started kissing her tummy!!! I have a feeling that the BH and I will be regular visitors to his school!)
He even proceeded to tell a Bye to the day care people which says that 'maybe' he is starting to like the place.
My day also went off well. I was actually grinning to myself in the auto happy that I'm going back to work. Till today I never thought I would be so hyper about it. Today and tomorrow is the induction programme for all the new joinees from all divisions. The usual gyaan and form filling. By Wednesday I get to meet my team and will have a better idea of the work. It is a 6000+ people strong office and reminds me so much of my GE days. The way the people dress, the American way of working, the cafeteria everything. They even have the same jargon!!!
At 5 yrs of experience I was one of the oldies in the batch. Most of them were freshers.
I missed Mowgli a lot, but I would be lying if I said that I missed him all the time. I guess you never cease to be a mom. Constantly wondering what he was doing in day care, did he eat, did he sleep etc etc. At 6 when the session got over I ran out, got an auto and reached my sis in law's place all eager to see my baby. I could see through the window that he was happily playing and talking with her. The moment he saw me he started crying and hugged me hard. The tears as usual stopped in two seconds but the hug lasted longer. It was as if he had also missed me a lot and just wanted to bury his nose in my neck and smell me and make up for all the lost time. He seems okay now though is a little clingy but thats okay coz I myself am acting very clingy with him. He is sleeping peacefully now and all is well in our world.
As for me I am off to get some sleep before the BH comes sometime at midnight.
Tomorrow is another day....

No comments: