Saturday, February 3, 2018

Feb Day 2

Dear Bambi,

Sometimes I forget you are still a small girl who just wants to be hugged and pampered for no reason. Isn’t that there in all of us? I myself feel that way almost everyday. For somebody to look after me and pamper me as if I were a baby.

And because you are not the person who will make a fuss and are way mature than your years I sometimes forget. But I want you to know that sometimes you have to ask and that’s all it takes. 

Like today, after an early morning kathak class. When we were waiting for Chachan to come and had two hours to spare. We both went to a nearby cafe. Had sandwich, played atlas. You were happy and contented. I could see it in your face. And then we came back to our class where you scrambled on to my lap and said I want to rest now. Not sleep only rest. So I rocked you to rest... Not sleep, mind you.. only rest. Just like how you told me to.

And I again remembered that maybe thats all it takes. To be a parent is to listen to your children. They know what they want. They don’t have our baggage. Their needs are simple and there are days when all a big girl needs is a lap and two arms to hug her. Not to sleep. Only to rest...

Love, 
Mama

No comments: