Saturday, February 3, 2018

Feb Day 1

What will it take to tell yes to everything?
To trust the other person
To let go that they are capable of taking that informed decision And that it’s not within me to decide what another should or shouldn’t do?

I think this comes from my mother. Her first response to everything was no. More from a fear of what others will think, society, afraid that she would be judged for saying yes to her daughters. The no would turn to yes, but it always took time and was a reluctant yes. What that has ingrained in me is a constant second guessing of my decisions. Am I doing the right thing taking the right path and therefore never confident enough to take a decision alone always needing outside validation. It worked the opposite way on my sister. She stopped asking my mom or anybody for that matter permission. She took her own decisions made her own mistakes and learnt from those.


Yesterday when I told no to the BH for something he has been looking forward to for a long time he was hurt. Well so was I that he could change his plans so casually without even thinking about us and this is always the norm when it comes to his friends. But something he said stayed with me 'If you behave like this then how can I ever take a decision? Because at the back of my mind I will always have this feeling that I don’t know how you will react.' And I remember shouting at my mom with the same words...

No comments: