Monday, November 16, 2009

Home sweet home!

Reached in one piece and yes, the baggage also reached!!!

Pretty eventful. Continental is the #^%^&&^@$@! airlines ever. Fought with them for over 15 min for the car seat. They refused to check it in saying that I need to pay $100. How much ever I argued that Emirates had allowed it, the refrain was : “Maam, If Emirates has allowed it then you should board the flight from Houston” . Finally they allowed to check it in free till Houston and then its my responsibility.
Then started on the baggage! One was 58 pounds and the other 65 pounds, both well within Emirate limits. Again they started off on their familiar refrain on how I should have checked in from Houston and blah blah blah. BY then I was fed up arguing with them and paid them 100$!!! ( My fingers r crossed hoping that office will reimburse it.)
Houston was great. The Emirates people were super cool. Checked in the car seat without any fuss and told me that Continental should have checked it in free from Austin itself. When I told them I had to pay extra for the baggage, they were pretty shocked and said that they have some alliance with Continental, therefore I should not have paid that amount!
Moral of the Story: Do not fly by any of the domestic US airlines. If you have no other choice then be prepared to fight it out !!!
Yes, I know there is an even better moral of not overloading your bags with stuff, but then that is debatable! :-)

No comments: