Friday, April 3, 2009

Off to sunny shores

We are off to Kerala for a loooooooooooong vacation. A best friend's wedding. Another friend's son is celebrating his first birthday. Easter. Vishu. The works.
So I am all geared up, done my shopping managed to beautify myself to the best of my capabilities ;-) sifted through my saris moaned at the blouses that no longer fit. The usual. I keep on thinking that as the years go by I will be less impulsive and show more maturity, hah!!!
I cant imagine that P is getting married. It is very different when a girl friend decides to tie the knot. You are almost sure that nothing will change. But when it comes to a guy friend there are a lot of questions. Will his wife be cool with me? Will he be the same after marriage? Don't know why these questions arise, maybe from experience. Have seen guys act funny after they get committed and have seen guys who still remain the same. P thankfully till now has always been in the latter category, but there is still a small pin prick that makes me cross my fingers and pray that he will never change. All said and done, I am really really looking forward to his wedding.
Mowgli will as usual be pampered, spoilt, every whim catered to and will be the star of the show. it will be a welcome change for him away from his two cranky parents who keep on saying "NO" to his loving grand parents who say "YES.. YES..YES". Their grandson can throw the crystal on the floor and all they'll say is "Children should be naughty". Funny that the BH and I never remember them telling us this line when we broke anything!!!
It will be Cocoa's first long journey and I hope she behaves. In fact I hope everybody behaves J
Okie then folks. Enjoy the long weekends and have fun.We’ll be back in two weeks.
And I leave you with this. The brat on his throne!!!Ciao!

No comments: