Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back to business!!!

So much has been happening in the past few weeks that I don't know where to start. The beginning would be the ideal place, you say!
Okay, so here goes. We came back from Kerala after our 12 day long vacation totally refreshed and with a wider tummy! Since Mowgli is bigger now and stays alone with his grand parents for longer times, we had quite a lot of fun., Roamed about, saw movies, shopped, and as usual ate and drank till we were ready to burst! Celebrated Easter and Vishu in style. Mowgli got lots of presents mostly cash which his greedy parents spent. Cocoa was also good, she was quiet through out the car journey and was well behaved most of the time. We returned last week with a car full of goodies ( I call them goodies, The BH calls them trash. Since this is my blog I have the last word here!)
The BH's quarter ending tension is finally and he has done pretty well last year. So his company is rewarding him with a trip to Canada. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am pretty excited, we all are. I want to touch a polar bear..hmmmm not a bear, the cub would do fine :-) It is a skiing lodge,so plenty of activities. Should be fun. It'll be sometime in August. I have to fit into a 30" jeans by then. The coming months will see a very determined me steadfastly refusing sweets, having salads for dinner and hopefully reducing 5 kgs.
And now we come to the bumper news of the week. I HAVE GOT A JOB!!!!! Finally!
I was almost beginning to doubt my capabilities. It was really frustrating attending interview after interview answering their silly questions. One place the guy taking my interview wanted to know how I would manage a team with a one year old kid!Did they think I was planning to bring my kid to work? Or was he just plain dumb?He went on and on about how he would not have allowed his wife to work when their children were so small and blah blah. It tool all of my control to actually sit there and listen to such a senior person speak such crap and being so unprofessional. Anyways all that is the past now. This place seems fun. I had a four hour interview with them and it was totally different from all the interviews I've had in my life. In a way I'm excited to get back to work and at other times I'm sad that I wont be able to spend my every waking moment with Mowgli. The timings are okay. I work from 1 in the afternoon to about 9/10 pm. Its fine with me coz i get to spend the whole morning with Mowgli, drop him off to day care around 12.30 pm. He has his lunch there, plays a while and by the time he wakes up from his nap around 4.30 the BH will be there to bring him back. So, its just a matter of 4 hrs in the daycare and that is okay with me. I did not want him to spend the entire day with somebody else other then us. He should be with either one of us , I feel that nobody else can look after a child the way his parents do however dedicated you are or how much more you love the child. And I think I can leave early/work from home on days when the BH is travelling. It is not the best I had hoped for, but considering the situation, it is fairly decent. I start in two weeks :-)
So many things are falling in place now. There is a lot of confusion in my mind, guilt about leaving Mowgli with somebody else, elation that the BH will now realize how hard it is to manage a hyper Mowgli and an equally hyper Cocoa all alone ( he will have to feed mowgli his dinner, bathe him and put him to sleep everyday as it will be late by the time I reach), excitement at the thought of getting a salary again and a motivation to actually shed the kilos and get back to how I was.
And more than all these, now there is this urge to bring time to a standstill, to enjoy these carefree days with my baby to the fullest, to wish that the minutes would tick by slowly and to treasure all moments and keep them safe in my heart.

No comments: