Monday, January 7, 2019

to my happy


Last summer vacation, you told me ‘ mama come back for 2 seconds’ and it broke my heart. What with the shifting and the work that was happening in the new house we never got to spend time together in a relaxed manner. And then you went to your grand parents for the annual trip. Except that this was extended by another week this time because I had to travel for work. Its another story that you forgot about this in a matter of hours and thoroughly enjoyed your time without us.. For us, we missed you so so so much... Your hugs and smiles and kisses. You have always been our happy.

I really wonder whether I’m doing this right. Couple of weeks back the BH told me that I’m trying to make you into what I want you to be and not what you want to be. This came as a shock. I thought I was allowing you to do whatever you want. But yeah maybe not the jewelry and the make up stuff. In my defense, I don’t agree with girls looking like teens looking like aspiring models. But yes, like the time in Goa when you were busy wearing all of S’s jewelry. And then I gave you my elephant earring. And when you brought S in and showed her all my jewelry and said that 'It’s all yours but you occasionally share it with me', I felt very sad. That maybe I was depriving you of something. And that maybe these are just small pleasures that you will grow out of. 

I want you to be a strong confident independent woman who is not afraid to speak her mind and is kind and honest and shines from within.

That’s all I want...


No comments: