Wednesday, September 19, 2012

At 32,


I love my life a lot

From limping along in the Maruti to driving the Bolero. It might not be much, but for me it’s a HUGE achievement and I almost always have this goofy grin while driving

Have become less resilient. It takes me longer to recover from setbacks, from rude comments, from disappointments. Shouldn’t it be the other way around. As I grow older be more zen????

Finally have my priorities very clear. Financial independence…. Family.. Kids… Dance.. Reading.. Travel.

Have completely abolished the TV from my life. Other than the occasional movie, I find that surprisingly I have no inclination to switch it on.

Have made peace with the fact that I might not have a ‘çareer’. It requires more from me than I’m willing to give. Especially not now. Don’t know when.

From never having to worry about my weight irrespective of eating like a horse, it’s a tug of war these days. With adipose tissue layered on and refusing to budge despite the activities. Just look at food and hey, its on me :-(
Have become capable of managing a lot of stuff. Yes, I am morphing into my mom and at times my dad. Its both funny and scary.

Have understood that life doesn’t stop once you have kids and two at that! Life is what you make of it and what you do with it.

Haven’t yet got a tattoo, not yet found the right one. ( I did suggest to the BH that he could get my full name tattooed on his chest as his birthday present to me…Well, his recation… Errr.. Not suitable to be printed is all I can say..)

Realized that ‘niceness’ is overrated and that we need to distance ourselves from others at times

Have got back to dancing and as Mowgli says ít is ossum’. Not planning to stop this anytime soon.

Still have dreams that are yet to be fulfilled

And still as excited about my birthday as I was at twelve :-)

4 comments:

saumya said...

Happy Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Life wouldn't be worth living if it wasn't for our dreams. Have a great birthday.

sher khan said...

Thanku thanku :-)

Rohini said...

Happy birthday!