Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blah. blah blah

We have been back and its been one thing after the other. The trip was so tiring that all we did on the first weekend was sleep sleep and then sleep some more. Then it was a week of illness. The BH got it first, bad cold and chest congestion. Mowgli followed it up with a hunger strike and fever and cold. I rounded up the series with a bad sinus attack. We have been resting and things are looking better.
Went to Daily dump and bought their compost bin. I am always thinking about the environment and how to better it and stuff, so this is a good time to start off on what I believe. Day one and two went fine. The waste is in it and its covered with paper. Can’t see any worms as of now. I just hope it is manageable and doesn’t stink!
Went for a birthday party last Saturday and got a culture shock. A 4 year old girl playing with her balloon, misses it and exclaims ‘Oh shit!’. There are other people around, but nobody seems to have noticed or is this the norm? A cousin’s wife tells me that her students’ in third and fourth standards regularly swear in class! ‘Shit’ is something ordinary. As long as they don’t use the F word, the teachers don’t reprimand them. My manager tells me about a conversation he overheard between two 6 year olds. ‘Don’t play with X, his dad has only a Zen!’
Are these the new generation? Brand conscious, materialistic, bad language; kids do not even behave like kids anymore. Any mall that I go to, I hardly see kids dressed like kids. The girls are mostly always in satin or tight dresses like those item dancers wear and high heels and matching accessories. Whatever happened to good old jeans/simple frocks or just normal clothes? I used to blame the parents, but now I realize that even the kids are very particular about what they wear etc. Hello, kindergarten kids suffer from peer pressure!
As of now, I do not want to expose Mowgli to TV. I want him to learn to read/paint or learn to occupy himself and not just mindlessly sit in front of the TV. NO branded stuff for him till he clears his tenth. You tell me, what’s the logic in getting a 13 year old Reebok shoes worth 3000/- which he’ll definitely outgrow in a year? I want him to go on walks, play outside, do other stuff rather than watch TV. As always parents propose and the child disposes. Time will tell how successful I am. But whatever it is this is one fight I am not letting go that easily!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take it easy