Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the brink of losing my sanity…

The BH has gone on a three day tour to the north east. The house is in a mess. Cocoa and Mowgli are at their hyperactive best! The first day I came home to see Mowgli’s stuffed gorilla lying on the floor with all the stuffing out on the floor!!! Cocoa got a stern warning. Yesterday I had full day training, so Cocoa was alone the whole day. I went home to see the mattress on the diwan ripped apart and the cotton scattered over the floor. Cocoa had the good sense to look at me sheepishly. A loud and totally incoherent screaming match started. Cocoa was locked in the balcony as punishment. Peace reigned for about five minutes. I cleaned up the mess and Mr. “Hyperactive is my middle name” Mowgli started his act. Whining, clinging to my leg and repeatedly asking for Ammm. He threw the first plate on the ground and got a nice spank for it. Cried for an egg. As soon as I made it, he started asking for maggi. I was exhausted after my full day training. I just wanted to take a long hot bath and go sit somewhere quiet away from all this noise! To ease everybody down all of us went to the terrace to play for some time. Cocoa ran about like she was mad. I felt really sorry for her. Cooped up in the house for a whole day. It must have been so frustrating for her. We came down half an hour later. Everybody had calmed down a little.
And then again Mowgli started. He was tired and cranky refusing to eat, drink or sleep. A long hour later in which I tried all the tricks in the book and some more he finally slept! I had not had breakfast, a sad lunch and no tea. Settled down at 9.00 pm for the first proper meal of the day. I was ready to cry. Times like this when I wish I was with my parents. Somebody to see that you eat, somebody else to cook, somebody who sees that you relax…
And then I started office work- as the whole day was spent in training.
Today is no better. Cocoa in a burst of love and affection jumped on me in the morning and upset an entire cup of tea over me! Mowgli refused to have breakfast! Cocoa ran away in the terrace and would not come when called. I have a full day training again today. Today also i fought with all the auto drivers and had to walk 2km carrying Mowgli and a laptop!
The BH calls me regularly and the conversation goes like this:
BH: *sounds of TV in the background* This place is amazingly beautiful. We should come here sometime for a holiday.
Me: *resignedly looks at Mowgli trying to pull Cocoa’s eyes out! * Hmmmm.
BH: I will be there today evening. Around 8pm.
Me: That is evening???? That is bloody night time! * Voice reaches hysterical pitch*
BH: What happened? Why aren’t you talking properly? Are you missing me?
Me: #@$%^&*^%$#@

2 comments:

Just Like That said...

LOLOL> Am loving your writings!:-D
SK, but you're also scaring me when I think that bringing Trinity (my Lab) will entail a lot of Sonny boy-Trinity adjustments too!

Just Like That said...

Bah! WHY do you have this word verification thingie for your comments? Its DARNED irritating and puts you off commenting!:-(