Monday, December 8, 2008

Keep us safe

The BH and I had gone for Dostana on Sunday. Mowgli at his bua’s place. The theatre was almost empty and that too on a Sunday afternoon. It was sad and shocking.
Halfway into the movie, I was struck with a sudden thought, ‘What if something happens to us? The theatre blows up or something like that. Thank God, Mowgli is not with us. At least he’s safe at home.”
At night the BH and I were talking when I told him this. He looked at me with a serious expression and said “Me too. I was thinking that he would have been alone his entire life if anything happened to us.”
Is this what the terrorists intended? Other than the physical calamities, the psychological one is more terrifying. That unspoken fear in everybody’s hearts. The unanswered question “What if something happens to us?”
I kept on getting up through out the night looked at Mowgli cozily snuggled against the BH and thought of how life would be if anything happened to either of us.
Thought of writing a will. How to ensure that everything goes smoothly?
Finances.
Grand parents.
Different options and scenarios played in and out of my mind.
Woke up troubled and tensed. In these testing times I finally turned to God. Said a quiet prayer and asked him to bless my family and keep them safe. That’s all that I can do.
Keep my family safe, God.

No comments: