Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios 2008

The year is finally about to end! I have never looked forward to the next year as I have this time. It was a very different year-2008. A year of adjustments and transitions. Of new roles and new situations.
2008 Gave us Mowgli; Made us parents; Taught us how to love unconditionally; Made us look at our parents anew while they slipped into the role of grand parents with ease.
It also took away my job and our plans along with it; made me rethink my priorities, made me go crazy with despair at times sitting at home endlessly cleaning up after mowgli. My whole life revolved around him this year. Days when he ate well slept well, I was relaxed. But those days were quite few. Most of the time I was tired, back aching, feet aching and wishing that I could just go home and relax with somebody else to look after mowgli. Irritated most of the time at how our home looked, fed up with people who took us for granted and popped in and out at their own will, irked at most of the things I used to like before. It was a strange year.
We welcomed a new member, my brother-in-law, into our crazy family this year and will see off my sister to France at the start. She will be back only by next December. A long year lies ahead without her. We fight day and night, but I love her a lot. However much she grows up, she will always be my little sister. My responsibility. I so want to protect her and keep her safe and happy always. She has always been the quiet and ambitious one. May the next year grant her success in her career. But let it also teach her that family is more important than everything else.
It seemed to be a year that gave importance to relationships. Almost all our friends got engaged/married this year. Those who were married had babies/ became pregnant. Slowly all of us have left behind the carefree days of college and are moving towards responsibilities. It is a difficult time- this transition phase. Hopefully we will all adjust and learn to strike that balance between what we were and what we are now.
This year was also one of fear. Fear when the BH was away on his tours. Scared for Mowgli thinking about the world that we have brought him into. Worried about how he will cope with a maid/crèche. Hearing shocking stories from other parents and praying hard that they will remain just that. Stories and things that happen to others.
What do I wish for in 2009?
Oh to go back to those days when being happy came naturally and it was not something you had to work at!
Blissful days and nights with my husband.
Moments to cherish with my son.
A job that will allow me to work on my terms.
Friends, love and laughter to fill our home once more and overwhelm us all
Cupid to attack us once again to rekindle the embers.
Full of these little joys and sunshine and my cup overfloweth.

Goodbye 2008.

Cheers 2009.

God Bless

No comments: