Tuesday, April 13, 2010

of little boys and their dadas

Yesterday night I was telling a bedtime story to a very restless Mowgli who absolutely refused to sleep.
"lion story venam" (Want lion story).
"Okay. Once upon a time, in a jungle, there was a baby lion called Mowgli lion. He had a mama and a dada and ..."
"Mowgli dada ebide?" (Where is Mowgli's dada?)
"Mowglinu dada venam." ( Mowgli wants his dada)
I mentally kicked myself for including a dada for the lion! #$#%##@! Thankfully distracted him with tales of how many cars and toys his dada will be getting for him blah blah blah..
The BH is travelling and his devoted son is missing him pretty badly. Day before yesterday, he woke up and told me " dada momo veetil poyi. car kalikua. mowgli screw koduthu. dada karayuva!" Roughly translated as his dada has gone to play cars with another friend and Mowgli gave him a good scolding, resulting in dada crying!
And to add to all this he wakes up with a fever today!!! I'm sure its psychological! Every time the BH is out, my son gets a fever or wakes up at 3 am and howls the place down!
I was told that sons are attached to their moms and daughters to their dads. Here its just the reverse!!!!
Waiting eagerly for the master of the house to get back!

No comments: