Monday, July 28, 2008

Snippets

a looooooooooong interval... the net was down for a couple of weeks and with this and that and what not there was no time to blog.
here are some snippets from the weeks gone by...

The BH has gone on a week long trip and Mowgli is acting up. He is on a hunger strike where even the sight of food is enough to make him feel full. Two spoons and the drama begins. Throws everything on the table to the ground, refuses to open his mouth, starts crying, the entire works. I have tried giving him only things that he likes, but of no use. Totally fed up I put him on the floor saying “Go! Do whatever you want!”. The little imp started crawling full speed towards the front door. On reaching the door, he stopped and gave me a look as if to say “ This is it mama, I am leaving!”
I now have to take ATTITUDE from an eight month old????
*************************************
The tooth fairy has still not visited us. So we are still gnawing on carrots and beetroots and chappals and dustbins and mama’s weary nerves .
******************************************
Last week was an accident prone week. Mowgli fell off the stairs. Yes, we were planning to put a gate and no we didn’t think he would learn to climb them so fast and yes, we should have listened to all of you and done it when he was 3 mths. It happened in a split second. He was playing with his toys pretty far from the staircase and when I turned my back he was on the second step. It was quite a shock to me, though mowgli stopped crying pretty soon. We are taking no more chances, the gate was fixed that night itself.
The next day I burnt his hand!!! We use an electric steamer to steam his nose whenever he gets a cold. He hates it and is almost always crying and flaying his hands and legs. In the process, his finger went too near the nozzle and it got burnt. Quite a bad one. There was a huge blister and it covered almost the whole of his short stubby finger.
And the many falls in the course of daily life.
My ears are steaming from the advices and the admonishments while my bonny baby is happily crawling about without a fear in the world. Alls well that ends well.
***************************
A new development that is tooo sweet for words. Mowgli has gotten intio this habit of sleeping with his head on my tummy or snuggled into my neck. It is so sweet and tender and nice with his nice baby smell lulling me to sleep. The BH is grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeen with envy :-) hahahhaha

No comments: