Thursday, February 16, 2017

And my world turns upside down

Just when I thought I've got it, everything changed. Was pulled into a new project which requires me to work from office daily. So I'm now in a 9-6 job and then calls at night. Its been two weeks and I'm still undecided whether I like it or not.

The good thing is that I walk to work daily thereby clocking close to 13k steps daily. Haven't noticed any change with the weight, but at least I'm getting some regular exercise. My evening calls have reduced considerably, so at least I'm able to read a bedtime story to the kids and have a relaxed dinner.

The flip side is that I get to spend very little time with the kids and the BH. Both of us had gotten used to the working from home/flexi working hours and it was very comfortable. I had more time to manage multiple things at home along with office work - coffee time with the BH, picking kids from school some days, having lunch with Bambi, listening to Mowgli talk about his day, helping with the homework. Now, most of this is on the BH which is not fair. Yes, I know in a couple of months Bambi will get into Ist grade and then it would be a full day school for her as well.

Anyway , it is what it is. What we have developed as a routine now is breakfast together at 8am. Bought a bell which the kids ring after setting the table and again dinner together at 7pm. Lets see how this goes...

Life and the ways it twists and turns is indeed strange....

No comments: