Wednesday, December 19, 2012

5 years

5 years!
Somehow it feels like a milestone. Feels BIG! As  if the babyness is now truly gone forever. You go to school happily now, do your homework as soon as you come back,play big boy games, don’t always want me near you. I feel that our relationship is changing as it should no doubt. Knowing and doing are two sides to the coin. bitter sweet… that’s how my mind feels.
That’s enough about me. Lets talk about you instead.

You, you have become a non stop chatter box. Chitter patter all day long. From the time you wake up till when you sleep, non stop. You sit in  the loo and talk/shout at me and expect me to respond from the kitchen. Most of the time we are telling you “Mowgli please keep quiet for one minute!” and you reply “okay.. pashe Mowglinu one last thing parayatte…” and it goes on and on and on. What is there to talk about so much? I wonder.

 
Food and you still are not on good terms with each other. When everybody else Oohs and Aahs over my cakes and cookies, you refuse to even nibble at it. You give me orders to bake a chocolate cake, train cake for your birthday, but you never even ate a piece … Well… I suppose its just a matter of time. The genes will do their work!

You are still so innocent. Look at me amazed at how I know all the naughty things that you do in the school bus. ( its very easy, I’ve told him that I’ve installed a secret camera in  the bus. So these days I just ask him “Why did you do that?”. a sheepfaced look and out comes the list.) Santa Claus, Fairies and Magic. You believe in all that and I’m loving it. Just waiting for you to start reading on your own and then we can go crazy officially!


You are one Style diva. In your words, Button shirt and jeans and cooling glass.. “appalanu style aavane”. The other day we went out with you dressed in a Yellow shirt with Orange pants and a maroon tie. You were so confident in what you believed were the perfect clothes, we had no choice but to quietly tag along. You’ve also started to mirror what your dada does.if dada is in shorts, then you will also wear shorts. If he is in jeans, then it is jeans for you. If he wears a helmet, then you also want one. From being mama’s boy, you are slowly morphing into  idolizing your dada for everything.

 
What I feel is that in this year, there were times when you were clearly frustrated with us. By our unwillingness to buy everything you want, by our insistence that things need to be done THAT way in THIS house. You are at that stage when you are questioning authority and trying to find your identity in the process. There are times we understand and behave accordingly. But you also need to understand that 10pm after a really really hectic day is SO not the right time to get assertive!

Sometimes its pretty hilarious as we both look at each other with similar mulish expressions… The identical stubborn cleft on the chin , the perfect ‘look’ willing the other to blink first! 


Oh, I almost forgot the tears! Tears at the drop of a hat. For anything and everything. Praying that its just a phase and you will soon snap out of it. Till then its downright irritating and has us grinding our teeth most of the time!

 How would you adjust with Bambi? That was something we were very worried about. Now after 18 months, I can safely say you are fine! Right from waking up the other as soon as one gets up, to dragging her along for all your harebrained schemes, to fighting with each other every other minute! You both rock!!! 





As Vianne Rocher says in Chocolat, life with you is
“Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart.
Bitter. Sweet. Alive.”

God Bless! 

No comments: